Just resolved a problem for a customer who was presented with the following error message on his Apple TV when he tried to purchase something: “verification required – before you can make purchases you must go to the iTunes store on your computer and verify your payment information.” After battling with itunes for an hour and scouring the interweb, pudjam666 on the Apple Support Forum finally provided me with the required information to resolve the issue. It’s actually quite simple…
- Go to your itunes store on PC/Mac and go to the user account (top right hand corner – usually your email address)
- Enter your account password when prompted
- Next thing you see is your account overview. From here we’ll select “Edit Payment Information” (second from top right)
- You’ll notice a message in red at the top of this page. In my screenshot you will not see anything other than a normal screen though.
- Scroll to the bottom and press “Done”.
- You are back at the account overview. Press “Done” once more to exit.
- Now reboot your Apple TV (don’t do “Standby”) – unplug the power cable and plug it back in again.
- Now try logging on to your iTunes account on the Apple TV again and purchase something!
This worked for my client and I hope it will work for you too. Let me know.