Here are my top 5 golden rules for user engagement on social media. Whether you are using Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or any other channel – remember these:
Posts Tagged ‘Twitter’
Signing up with a website should be easy, especially for technically minded people. User design guides always point out to keep things simple and refrain from putting users more than 3 clicks away from accomplishing what ever it is they want to do.
Simplifying the registration process by using existing Twitter and Facebook (etc) accounts sounds like a convenient idea but in my experience seldom is.
Let me demonstrate the following scenario by trying to sign-up with www.dribbble.com an inspirational resource for buddying web developers and designers.
- Client: The Amorphous Androgynous / FSOL
- Website: www.amorphousandrogynous.com
- Online Profiles: Twitter, MySpace, Facebook
- Type: Web Design, Twitter, MySpace, Facebook Profiles
- Brief: Create a new design for The Amorphous Androgynous webpage, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace profiles; to coincide with their latest release “A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind Vol. 3″. Also create relevant artwork for online promotion (eg. banner ads).
“Toy Horses are one of Wales’ sunniest hopes – hotly tipped by many to break into the mainstream with their inventive, exciting and offbeat indie gems.” (Source: www.myspace.com/toyhorses)
I’m proud to announce that I have been hired to look after all things web and design by Steven Hewitt‘s (of Placebo fame) new band “Love Amongst Ruin“. The brief encompasses designing and updating all of the bands’ online profiles (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and more) and their current webpage, as well as any artwork required for online marketing.